I’m back from Seattle after a short, but fun trip! Seattle is such a cool city, I’m excited to return…but I’ll be back to recap later. Today I want to share a cookie recipe that will make your mouth drool. I was first given a taste when my boss brought in a few and I just had to make them myself.
I never would have thought that blueberries, cinnamon, chocolate, and pumpkin seeds would go well together, but man I was wrong. These cookies are a mixture of so many different flavors, but they are loaded with nutritious and healthy ingredients.
Although they technically are cookies, I don’t treat them like a dessert. They are great for pre and post workout fuel and/or a substitute for breakfast or a midday snack. Packed with protein and healthy fats. They are vegan and can be made gluten-free if you use gluten-free quick cooking oats!
Once you gather all the ingredients (there are many) it is super simple to throw together. Combine the dry, combine the wet, then mix by hand and after 20 minutes in the oven you have a cookie that will power you through any training session.
Loaded Blueberry Chocolate Power Cookies
Yields 24 Cookies (using 1/3 measuring cup)
Adapted from Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- 2 ¼ cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chunks (chopped)
- 1 ¼ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¾ cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 cup hemp milk
- Preheat oven to 350’F
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl
- Combine wet ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to dry bowl and mix together until all combined
- Scoop onto baking sheet and gently flatten cookies
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until lightly browned, best when moist and chewy
Let me know if you have any questions and if you do make them, I would love to know what you think!