I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was filled with some training and much needed rest! Let’s get into Monday’s five things…
1. Homemade Pizza (My new fav!)
Friday night I made homemade pizza, inspired by Single-tracked Mind. It was delicious! So good that I may never buy pizza again. It was super simple, which is a major appeal to me as I am probably one of the most laziest cooks there is.
I hit up Trader Joe’s after work and picked up some goodies as well as…
- Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough
I also topped the pizza with
- Turkey pepperoni
- Broccoli (highly recommend adding this!)
- Lightly cover pizza stone with whole wheat flour
- Remove dough from package and let it settle for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Knead or shape dough to desired shape
- Spread a thin coat of pesto across dough
- Top with arugula, basil, pepperoni, broccoli, and mozzarella (or whatever you want to top your pizza with!)
- Cook for 20 minutes
2. Road Runners – Kildeer
Saturday morning I made a stop at Road Runner Sports, a running store. Crush Multisport has teamed up with Road Runner Sports to host our group runs throughout the Chicagoland area, and as a run leader I went to introduce myself to the employees before the runs start.
This store is by far the best running store I have been to. The store manager and my fitter gave me so much insight on my feet. I have VERY high arches and it has caused me problems in the past. He was able to tell me that because of my high arches, my calves and shins (all the surrounding muscle) are extremely tight. He recommended wearing inserts and compression socks, always. I was fitted for inserts and he showed me the x-ray of my feet. I wish I took a picture because my x-ray looked nothing like a foot, no part of my foot touches the ground where the arch is. The x-ray just showed 4 circles.
I also grabbed a new pair of shoes!
Go to Road Runner Sports if you are looking to get a new pair of running shoes or walking shoes, they will be able to fit you to the right shoe.
3. New Book! – Divergent
I finished Dark Places last week, it was quite the thriller. The novel skipped from present day to the past every chapter, which always kept me on the edge of my seat. Immediately after finishing Dark Places I picked up my new book, Divergent by Veronica Roth.
We all know this is coming out in theaters this week, so I must finish before I go see it! I have heard great reviews about the series so I am excited to get lost in the world Veronica created.
4. Treasure from Rome
My mom has just returned from Rome, where she was away on business. She had such a good time and loved Rome’s culture and food/wine! She even brought home a little treasure/souvenir for me.
I love this cute, stylish bracelet wrap. It is handmade, leather, and can be wrapped/styled any way you want. I love this unique gift!
5. Past Week’s Training Recap
This past week was Week 4 for my Half Marathon training.
- 3/10 – Run: Hill Repeats, 45 min, 4.8 miles, 9:22:05 pace
- 3/11 – Swim: 1 hr 19 min, 4400 yards, 2.5 miles
- 3/12 – Cycle: 45 min with 8 x 1 min hard efforts scattered Power Yoga: 1 hr
- 3/13 – Rest Day
- 3/14 – Run: Steady Eddy Z4.7 60 min, 6.5 miles, 9:13 pace Power Yoga: 1 hr
- 3/15 – Cycle: 2 hrs
- 3/16 – Run: Steady Eddy 40 min, 4.2 miles, 9:30 pace
Run | Time 2 hours 25 min | Mileage 15.5
Cycle | Time 2 hours 45 min | Mileage
Swim | Time 1 hour 19 min | Mileage 2.5
Total Time: 8 hours 39 min Total Mileage: 18 miles (excluding cycle)