1. Happy President’s Day!
Who was lucky enough to get off work? Not me! I woke up at 4:15AM, got on the trainer around 5:20AM for 40 min with 4 x 30 sec all out scattered. I completed each burst at the 7:00, 17:00, 27:00, and 37:00 min marks. Then it was off to work for me!
2. I started reading a new book on Friday; This Is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper. So far it’s been great. Raw, realistic, funny. It shows a very forward look into family, marriage, and relationships.
Towards the beginning of the year I started reading books that are set to be released as movies this upcoming year. So far I have finished, The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green and A Long Way Down, by Nick Hornby. This Is Where I Leave You will be coming out September 12, 2014 and Jason Bateman is the lead and Tina Fey is also a part of the cast, should be pretty good!
3. Here is a recap of my training for the past week.
- Monday 2/10: Swim: 1 hr 17 min, 4400 yards, 2.5 miles
- Tuesday 2/11: Cycle: 45 min Run: 1 hr 2 min, 6.2 miles
- Wednesday 2/12: Run: Hill Interval, 43 min, 3.56 miles
- Thursday 2/13: Cycle: Interval 1 hr Hot Yoga: 1 hr 15 min
- Friday 2/14: Rest Day
- Saturday 2/15: Swim: 40 min, 2550 yards, 1.45 miles Strength Training: 30 min
- Sunday 2/16: Run: Z3 30 min, 3.45 miles
Run: 2 hrs 15 min, 13.21 miles, Cycle: 1 hr 45 min, Swim: 1 hr 57 min, 6,950 yards, 3.95 miles
Total Time: 7 hrs 42 min
Since I bought a new bike I have yet to buy and hook up a computer. I might buy the additional accessories for my Gamin Forerunner 910XT and use that, but in the meantime I do not know my average mph or total distance for my trainer workouts. It stinks, but I will live and I have just been going by feel.
4. I recently signed up for the BTN BIG 10K to be held in Chicago, July 26th and with my registration I received…
A tin of Garrett’s Popcorn! yum yum yum yum I’ve only had Garretts once, but it is unbelievably good (and very very unhealthy I’m sure). I will be sure to share this with my family and friends.
I raced this 10K last year as my first 10K ever, and it was a great experience. Yes, it was crowded, but everyone was excited to be representing their school. I got into the spirit and sported a Sparty “helmet.” It was a fun time with friends and the location/views made the run easy, I let the adrenalin push me through. I highly recommend this race to any Big 10 fan! Lots of great goodies and a fun post-race party too! Go Green!
5. Blizzard – When will it end?